Sunday, April 03, 2016

An Early White Crowned Sparrow

I usually don't see these little sparrows in my yard until the first week of May or so but yesterday my husband drew my attention to a little sparrow in Bird Alley with white slashes on each side of its head, so I got my camera to see if we could figure out what it was.

And "Yes!" . it was an early White crowned sparrow.  According to my records it was a month early! How wonderful;! This is a lovely little sparrow to see in Bird Alley. I was then
able to capture a view of the back of uts head which showed crossed white stripes.
We are off for the day delivering birthday presents to an eleven year old grandson and I might be able to get pictures of Coltsfoot in bloom at our daughter's house .  She always has early blooms of this wildflower at her place in March this year, . I do hope the blooming is ongoing today! If so, then Coltsfoot pictures for tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty shots of the Sparrow. I do not see them in my neighborhood. Happy Birthday to your grandson!

Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is really early for this bird.