Saturday, March 22, 2014

Two Pigeons, a White and a Grey for Saturday Critters

Yesterday on my way home from grocery shopping we stopped by the roadside when I had seen a white pigeon on a roof last week. Looking again for the white bird my husband spied it beside the chimney. I had the wrong camera settings on my Canon ti3 and the pictures were very overexposed, however seen below is one of my photo captures after photo editing.


There are two pigeons beside the chimney. The one on the left is white and the one to the lower right of the white pigeon is grey, although a light grey, and you can compare their colouring with the other pigeons there.
I also had my Canon D20 with me and I had my 400mm lens on it but I had difficulty focusing on the pigeon at first. When first seeing the white pigeon I hadn't seen the white grey one at its side, and I was surprised to see it when downloading.I wasn't sure the grey pigeon was real as it was smaller than the white and somehow it appeared one dimensional to me, like a cutout , but no, I guess it was another pigeon..  But how fascinating to see another almost white pigeon.  I shall check them out again  later today to see what I can find. Perhaps there are more lighter pigeons in this flock!
Today I am linking to Eileen's Saturday Critters at:
http://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.ca/

7 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Fascinating photos of the white pigeon and the grey one ~ and others all around the chimney ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ xxx

artmusedog and carol

carol l mckenna said...

Fascinating photos of the white pigeon and the grey one ~ and others all around the chimney ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ xxx

artmusedog and carol

TexWisGirl said...

pigeons have such amazing color patterns. always neat to spot a unique one.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Well spotted and it was great you had your camera with you to get the shots. Have a great weekend.

eileeninmd said...

I love the pretty white pigeon. I like the second shot showing the group! Thank you for linking up with Saturday's Critters.. Have a happy weekend!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What interesting photos--We never see pigeons and I forget how 'unusual' they can sometimes be.

Linda said...

Lovely photos of the white pigeon. Greetings from Montreal.