Friday, June 14, 2013

Wild Blue Flag and Iris in My Garden for TODAYS FLOWERS

There is a strong similarity in appearance between the wildflower Blue Flag and cultivated Iris found in flower gardens.  Their colouring and patterning is very similar as is their time of blooming.  At the present time roadsides and meadows are flowing with the beauty of the Wild Blue Flag and in our garden  our Iris have just come into bloom during the recent rainy days.  I will let the photos do the talking for the rest of this post;  The first four photos are of the Wild Blue Flag:




 The next two photos are in my garden . I shall try to get better pictures of this cultivated Iris later on today as the garden dries.

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful irises, they are my favorite. Lovely photos. Happy weekend to you!

Luna Miranda said...

very pretty! have a fabulous weekend!

Karen said...

So pretty!

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful post and exceptional photos of these beautiful types of Iris. Thanks so much for sharing them with Today's Flowers.

Would you be willing to share two or three of your flower photos on our home page in our Guest Friend spot? If you are interested you can send them to me at luvinwildlife@hotmail.com, and if you could please put ‘TODAY’S FLOWERS’ in the subject line, this would prevent it from dropping into my spam folder. As friends send me their photos I add them to a list in the order received, and let them know when they will be shown.

Thank you for considering this and absolutely no pressure, we are just very grateful that you share your flowers with us whenever you can.

Wishing you a happy weekend,
Denise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles