Friday, April 19, 2013

Finally, A Goldfinch in Bird Alley!



One of the male Goldfinch looked a bit bedraggled! It appeared to have a moulting black cap on its head.
 It has been a long time since I have seen a Goldfinch in our feeder area.  This morning I saw two or
three fly in and a couple of males 




                                                                                            and a female or so.



 Goldfinch were not the only surprise visitors!
  We have a few White-throated Sparrows in Bird Alley!  What a handsome bird a White-throated Sparrow is! with its bright yellow lores and striped head and its delicate white bib on its upper breast!We were very happy to see these sparrows arrive!

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Two great visitors, I love the sweet Goldies and the WT Sparrows. Have a great weekend!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great photos, I've never seen them in the molting stage. I love the goldfinch, and they are a sure sign of summer--I need to look to see if ours are returning too!