Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pine Siskins in Bird Alley

  Yesterday afternoon I was delighted to see a Pine Siskin in Bird Alley.  We hadn't seen one at our feeders since December 19th, 2012.  Pine Siskins have such a beautiful burst of yellow found among their feathers. Just look at the picture above to see what I mean.  They are of the Finch family and often can be found at this time of year with their finch cousins; Common Redpolls and/ or Goldfinches.  We had both Redpolls and Goldfinch visitors yesterday afternoon.  I hope the Siskins return again today.  I enjoy taking their pictures and discovering where their little flashes of yellow are hidden.

1 comment:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've seen them at our feeders too--You are right, they are a welcome visitor and their color is so welcomed especially this time of year!