Thursday, November 08, 2012

Northern Cardinals

 My day began on a dismal damp note when a flahing light alerted me to a power failure.  The power outage was only for a brief moment, enough to set our clocks flashing incorrectly.  A glance out my bedroom window brought to my vision the observation that theground was all white , covered with snow.  I am not a fan of the white stuff and  so  it was not a pleasant sighting to me.
However, the power stayed on and my day brightened when I noticed a female Northern Cardinal feeding on the ground in Bird Alley.  And my wish that a handsome male would show up also came true !  This was getting to be quite a spectacular red day for me and my camera. Actually while taking photos of the male that had showed up I have realized we have two female cardinals, not just one as I had previously assumed.
 
 
                       I am hoping that later in the day I will be able to take a picture of the male and female cardinal feeding side by side.
    Everyone has a bad hair day now and then!

1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Any day when a Cardinal shows up has to be a good day.