Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bird Alley Activity Today

A busyness has returned to Bird Alley with the approaching change of season.. this morning Pine Siskins and dull-coloured Goldfinch have rediscovered the niger seed feeder, replenished full of seed since yesterday morning.We also have a pair of Purple Finch frequently visiting Bird Alley as well as Chickadees.

  The prize appearance of this morning and also yesterday morning is this Red-breasted Nuthatch!  welcome little feathered friend!


3 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute goldies and the red-breasted nuthatch is one of my favorites. You do see some great yardbirds.

Mary said...

Love all the little Siskins! I haven't seen any for a couple of years. Beautiful nuthatch!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Siskins are back at my place,too and I love that.Sure hope that you and I both get lots of them all winter.