Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Pileated Woodpecker for Ruby Tuesday 2

Yesterday evening we had two Pleated Woodpeckers in our yard! wow! It hardly ever happens! what a wonderful sighting experience!
One of these huge magnificent woodpeckers was in our two old tall maples that grow beside our driveway. In the photo above you can see the red flowers of the maple coming into blossom.
The other Pileated perched on our hydro pole.

these pictures were taken through my kitchen window. David had seen them as they arrived and called me. I went rushing for my camera as quickly as I could move. I think I will focus my birdcam at the old maple today in case they return! Oh, could I be so lucky again? Lets certainlyhope so!
Ruby Tuesday 2 meme features photos with red of any subject. To contribute to this meme please go to;
http://rubytuesday2.blogspot.com/
or just click on the Ruby Tuesday 2 badge at the top of the column on the right hand side of this blog page.

10 comments:

Lea said...

Great!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Jackie McGuinness said...

AHA! Now I can put a name to the little guy that pecked holes in our garage!!!

Just dropping by from Ruby Tuesday to visit!!

Maria @ LSS said...

Terrific shots. Happy RT2!

Mine's here.

The3Chies said...

Aw, caught pecking on wood. Nice shot! Visiting from RT2

Dianne said...

great captures!!
I hear our woodpecker but can never get a shot of him
I think he laughs at me :)

kirstallcreatures said...

What a wonderful sighting

Carol said...

Great shots!!! It's hard to catch these guys..they move so fast and are so very camera shy :0) Hope they will revisit you.

Mary said...

wow...lucky you! I haven't seen one for a year or more. They are such neat woodpeckers!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely rubies!

Strawberries for Ruby Tuesday, come and have some.

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, the Pileated is my favorite!