Monday, April 16, 2012

Birds and Wildflowers for Mellow Yellow Monday

this yellow team visited our food table yesterday.
Coltsfoot found along the 785.
Got pictures with yellow? Why not post them on the mellow yellow Monday meme by connecting to this link. http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/ Or You can click on its icon found on this page in the right column by finding it by scrolling down this page. If your plan is not to post a photo, then perhaps you will just want to enjoy all of the yellow contributions posted there
This little bird buddy above is a newly arrived sparrow species in Bird Alley this morning and it got here just in time to be included on today's yellow meme. Its yellow lores, just above the eyes qualify him for a mym candidate! This is a white throated sparrow. Welcome bird buddy. We have been waiting for you!.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Lots of Goldfinches here too, and I love their colors. I have a few Pine Siskins still hanging around my feeders. I don't remember seeing them this late into Spring.

me ann my camera said...

Becky; we have lots of pines siskins here every day now. more siskins than Goldfinch. I am hoping our sparrow population will increase. So far we only have Song Sparrows.

Ann

DeVona said...

I especially like the bottom photo of the yellow lore looking right into the camera!

Becky said...

Hi Ann, The peeps are Rhode Island Reds, and should be a great addition to our laying flock. I've been babysitting them till our son gets their new coop built.
All of a sudden my Sparrow population has disappeared, and I don't mind that. I never saw any sparrows except the House ones this winter either.
The rain missed us, but it's very windy!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The beautiful yellow really does say 'spring' doesn't it? Except today it feels like summer ... :-)

Lesa said...

Cute little birds-- wish there were more yellow birds in Oklahoma. Happy MYM!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful birds!

Please come and see my Mellow Yellow, when you get a chance. Have a great week!

PS. Following your blog now.

Jessica said...

beautiful yellow birds and flowers...
Dropping by from MYM

http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/peach-my-new-favorite-ice-cream-flavor/