Wednesday, March 07, 2012

The Moon, a Sunrise and Deer for Outdoor Wednesday

Its been quite a busy day already for this Wednesday. I was up at 3:30 a.m.taking pictures of the waxing gibbous moon ( almost to its total fullness as the full moon is scheduled for tomorrow night, March 8th. Shown aboveA waxing gibbous, almost full moon.

Not being able to go back to sleep I glanced out my dining room window just before seven and I saw a glorious coloured sky; a beautiful sunrise?! Grabbing my boots, car keys and camera and I was on my way down the highway in less than a minute. I was a bit disappointed as it wasn't as widespread as I had hoped ,but nevertheless it provided early morning stimulation for my camera.

On my return home I saw a deer standing in the middle of the street. As I watched I saw two more cross the street and go into a nearby dooryard. It wasn't light enough to get good pictures... but
here , shown below are two and a half of the deer |I had seen.
Outdoor Wednesdayhttp://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ is a delightful meme that invites you to share the outdoors with others. The theme encompasses the outdoors, a topic within the theme of your choosing. to learn more of this meme or to share your view of the outdoors please click on the 'outdoor Wednesday' logo on the right of this page. Happy Wednesday outoor gathering to all

2 comments:

Carol Steel said...

Wonderful sunrise and deer photos. You are dedicated to be up in the middle of the night taking photos.

Bill S. said...

Great experience and great photos to illistrate it.