Saturday, January 21, 2012

birds in snowy bird Alley

It snowed in Bird Alley yesterday, not a common occurrence this winter, but it did entice some bird activity to Bird Alley. First some Chickadees came by and then some beautiful Goldfinch showed up also.
I used my tripod to capture a still photo of this busy flitting bird.
The appearance of strong yellow hues on this bird's throat are an optimistic suggestion to me of spring approaching. Please let it be so. I am very eager for a seasonal change!

And the snow fell softly around.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

4 comments:

DeVona said...

Lovely photo- it captures a calm winter's moment, graced by a bird's presence.

Becky said...

Chickadees are a favorite of mine too. Before we got any snow, I didn't have many birds this Fall, but now that the snow has arrived, I have LOTS! Have a good weekend Ann.
B.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Goldfinches out your way are definitely showing signs of spring.This is a very good thing.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely yard birds and photos.