Monday, April 04, 2011

some more coltsfoot and a male goldfinch with a moulting black cap for mellow yellow Monday

A lovely bonus mellow yellow sighting this morning: a beautiful yellow patch of Coltsfoot seen in Oromocto in the same location where we had first seen Coltsfoot last spring. My husband had remember the location and found these for me this morning.

This little Goldfinch has such a lovely yellow feather covering. It almost looks furry. Not so lovely on the top of its head as its black cap appears to be in a stage of moult!. Got pictures with yellow? Why not post them on the mellow yellow Monday meme by connecting to this link. http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/ Or You can click on its icon found on this page in the right column by finding it by scrollind down this page. If your plan is not to post a photo, then perhaps you will justwant to enjoy all of the yellow contributions posted there.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like to see the Goldfinches change into their summer colors.

Riel Nason said...

That is a neat bunch of coltsfoot -- a good sized clump.

Dawn Fine said...

Beautiful yellows of spring!

Pearl Maple said...

Pretty shades of yellow there in your delightful photos, thanks for sharing

Appalachian Lady said...

Love the goldfinch photo. Our goldfinch are starting as well--some fairly advanced. I love spring!

Becky said...

I posted Coltsfoot today too Ann. I have fond memories of when they bloom as my Dad and I always looked for them. Our Goldfinches are getting more yellow by the day.
B.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty shot of the Goldie!

Mary said...

I think your Goldfinch looks pretty good! I've got a yellow one hanging around, but everytime I think I'm going to get a photo, it takes off. Still have a few that are molting.