Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coltsfoot in bloom


Between a rock and a hard place

Finding nourishment while being rooted in rocks,

yearning for the sun;

Determination is its key to survival


Found yesterday in Quispamsis these Coltsfooot are my first photos of wildflowers in 2011. My daughter had found them while out for a walk. I had suggested that she look in places that attracted a srong stream of sunlight and she found these in a rocky bed of rocks alongside a roadside. Last year I had found this wildflower blooming in my garden on April 12th. , 2011. Maybe this year? I don't think so although I have already looked and have found no sign of their growth. Today I will search for their blossoms in an old favourite spot of mine for finding them along a railroad track which is another harsh environment that they seem to thrive in.

6 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Coltsfoot, always welcome color in spring. Did you know that you can make a tea from the leaves for sore throats? I've never done it, but, from what I've read it sounds legit.
nellie

Ruth Hiebert said...

They do look bright and cheery among the rocks.

Mary said...

A lovely spot of color in the rocks :-)

shonda said...

These are very beautiful pictures it just brightens my day!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Warms me up just looking at them. thanks Ann.

DeVona said...

Coltsfoot! What a promising sighting! Spring is sure to be found soon! Look forward to my first sighting! Snow predicted for us, tomorrow! Mother nature's April fool's joke.