Saturday, January 22, 2011

textures in nature for camera critters


Contrasting textures of the white fluffy feathery breast of this Hairy Woodpecker pressed against the rough grooved tree create a visual correlation to the falling snow covering the rough winter landscape outside my window.

Camera Critters is a meme that features critters, any kind, any size. To see more of this meme please click on the CC logo which can be found on the right sidebar on this page or please click here.http://camera-critters.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great picture. We have had a cold spell here lately and I marvel at how the birds stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I see those fabulous textures. Gorgeous!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Very nice capture!

My Camera Critter post, have a good weekend!

Snap said...

He is very fluffy and wonderful contrast with the wood.

Unknown said...

Good shot of the Hairy Woodpecker. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River.

Unknown said...

Very nice capture! Love how he puffs up his feathers there....

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Another great shot!! Woodpeckers are among my very favorites to watch at the feeders--They are so cute, aren't they?

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful woodpecker shot. I love how they fluff up like that and the air under their feathers insulates them in the winter.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Snow Leopard said...

Nice. It is a good thing it has it's fur coat on

Roan said...

Great shot. I would like a nice fluffy coat like his to keep me warm this winter.

Mary said...

She must be very cold to be fluffed up like that. Great photo for textures.

Hug a tree with me said...

great shot:)
http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

Marie said...

What a beautiful photo!

I'm visiting via Camera Critters and I'm a new follower as well.