Monday, January 31, 2011

Bohemian Waxwings for Mellow Yellow Monday

Isnt this Waxwing beautiful with its yellow strip across the bottom of its tail feathers!?

We had seen these birds a week ago but I had forgotten to post the photos as there were too many other nature happenings to post about like: crows, snow buntings, hawks and eagles, etc..
The cinnamon coloured undertail shown in the above picture identifies the above Waxwing as a Bohemian Waxwing.


Happy Monday to all. To view a wonderful variety of yellow-themed photos from other bloggers around the world, just click on the link belowmellow yellow

7 comments:

Maharlikah said...

Sweet birdies :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

They are beautiful.I saw a flock of perhaps 80 −100 Cedar Waxwings,but no Bohemians.
Ruth

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Never seen a Bohemian waxwing, but enjoy being with you while you see yours. That last photo is a wonderful fantasy-like capture.
nellie

Mary said...

I've never seen a Bohemian Waxwing...neat! I like that last photo. Love your eagle header, too!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Mellow Yellow at my page.

Kim, USA said...

I love birds and I love do birding. I have not seen like this here in my place this bird is sooooo pretty!! Thanks for sharing!
It‘s Yellow

Helen said...

That is a beautiful bird. Helen