Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tree Sparrow for Camera Critters


Oh my! I see a little sparrow in Bird Alley! Who could it be? I think its too late for a Chipping Sparrow. I can tell that its not a Song Sparrow. Could it be my first Tree Sparrow visitation for the season??
Yes!!! It is a Tree Sparrow in Bird Alley! Oh Happy Day! They're back for another season. Can you see its bi-coloured bill that is yellow on the bottom? And yes, there is a central dark spot on its breast. Both features strong identifying marks characteristic of a Tree Sparrow.
Oops! Excuse me, Be right back.My husband just called to me that we now have Evening Grosbeaks eating at the sunflower seed I have recently put out. I didn't see the Grosbeaks but saw instead Cedar Waxwings in our crabapple tree and a Gray Squirrel in Bird Alley also, I haven't see one of those for a while. I also spied a female full bellied Hairy Woodpecker going up a tree. We have lots of Blue Jays coming and going today and also a few Mourning doves. We have lots of camera critters out and about today, much to the delight of our window watching cat.


Camera Critters is a meme that features critters, any kind, any size. To see more of this meme please click on the CC logo which can be found on the right sidebar on this page or please click here.http://camera-critters.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful, you have some great birds there. Enjoy!

cat said...

Beautiful critters!

Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous. So many different birds.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Chubskulit Rose said...

The digging squirrel is so cute.

Snakes, have a good Saturday!

New Leaf said...

Cool photos!
Love the squirrel and that woodpecker too! We've never seen this kind of woodpecker by us. Darnit! :)

Have a great day.

Powell River Books said...

Very photogenic critters this week. I saw a blue jay a few weeks back but that's been about it except for the seagulls and ravens. - Margy

Ruth Hiebert said...

Bird Alley sure is a popular place.Thanks for sharing these images.
Blessings,Ruth

Eds said...

even the bird is really on camouflage mode i love it!

Shahz said...

What a Great Capture... Love It!!! :-)

Appalachian Lady said...

Lovely shots of your wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

What nice visitors! I love waxwings and tree sparrows. Great photos!