Sunday, October 03, 2010

Duck on pond for scenic Sunday


I felt very lucky yesterday to have seen this duck yesterday. It is the first I have seen at this location all year. There were none to be seen in the spring, nor all summer long. It used to be one of my favourite places for duck sightings. We think it is perhaps a Common Merganser. We will be driving by this location again today so I am hoping that I might perhaps see it again. The hint of colour reflected on the water denotes the season.

Scenic Sunday:a meme of beautiful scenery. To learn more about scenic Sunday please go to:http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/ or to post your own contribution, please click on the link within this post

2 comments:

Carolina Mountains said...

Love the reddish color reflected in the pond.

Becky said...

It's always peaceful to see Ducks. It's been raining for days here, and I haven't been able to get to the creek trail to check up on "my" Wood ducks.
B.