Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Red in my garden for Ruby Tuesday







I took this photo too early this morning before this beautiful red lily has had time to fully open. Maybe I will insert
another photo later in the day when it is more fully open( and here it is above!. Regardless of when the photo was taken the lily's beautiful red colour can be seen

We have been working on putting up a fence surrounding our yard the last few weeks. My husband is the builder and worker and he loves to enhance our gardens with things with beauty,a bit different or unique. He has built this lovely red torii gate over our back entrance.
We hope this gate conveys a welcome to family and friends to the peace and serenity to that we find in our garden.


Got photos with red? want to share them?To check out other postings on Ruby Tuesday just click on the Ruby logo on the side bar or here:http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/. My appreciative thanks to Mary/the teach for hosting this meme

9 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Love the torii gate. Not only is it lovely, it announces, "enter here, enter here!" A great Ruby Tuesday!


We posted just after you so we're "neighbors" this week!

reg said...

fantastic pic here of the red gate thing. I always liked the look of such things

Mary said...

The lilies are so pretty. I think my lilies are just about gone. That gate is lovely! Your husband is doing a great job on the fence!

Auntie E said...

Very nice. Lovely plant to have in a garden indeed.
My Ruby Link for you

Marlene said...

You captured the lily beautifully before it opened. Summer is the perfect time to enhance the garden.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Your yard must be a place of beauty.
Blessings,Ruth

Ann Flowers said...

I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. What a sweet post!

shonda said...

Hey love the flower so beautiful and you captured it in just the right moment. Hey come check out my blog i have so flowers just like it i am sure you would like them

Cynthia said...

The flowers are gorgeous and the
torii gate is beautiful - it does
look serene. Must show a pic. to
my brother he is also a talented
builder.