Monday, May 10, 2010

A yellow Wooly caterpillar for mellow yellow Monday

I found this little fellow, all so mellow yellow in my garden. I think it is called ayellow wooly bear caterpillar and when it completes its metamorphosis it will be a Virginian Tiger Moth http://butterflies-seen.blogspot.com/2007/07/virginian-tiger-moth-and-yellow-bear.html I have included the url of photo of a Virginian Tiger Moth on another of my blogs, Butterflies seen.  This was ny first caterpillar sighting this spring,.

Happy Monday to all. To view a wonderful variety of yellow-themed photos from other bloggers around the world, just click on the link below
mellow yellow

6 comments:

Helen said...

We used to play with the black ones when I was a child. I have no idea what ended up being. I need to look that up one day. Hope you had a great day yesterday.
Helen

bobbie said...

A cute little furry fellow. I haven't seen any this year yet.

Stephanie V said...

Nice photo for MYM. I love the fuzzy-wuzzies. I think they appeal to my inner child. Those and dandelion seed heads.

Mary said...

I've never seen a yellow wooly worm...how pretty it is. The moth is stunning, too.

Kay said...

What a fun little nature creature to spy upon.

Becky said...

What a cute little guy. You got an awesome picture of him.
B.