Saturday, March 13, 2010

Getting the day started right with birds!



What a treat when looking out at Bird Alley this morning to see a bit of colour rather than the usual Goldfinch grayish winter brown. A rosy male Purple Finchwas feeding on the ground with the Goldfinch. Its been a long time, Buddy Bird, Welcome!
Feeling a bit optimistic after seeing the purple finch I collected my car keys and headed out the door to my favourite open water area. In a field adjacent to the water I saw several Canada geese feeding there. Wow, no matter how many times I see them I find them exciting and beautiful to look at. What do you think? It was a small grouping. There were only about 8-10 of them there.

I think this weekend might prove to be rather visually delightful. I hope so. Now for a Robin and a Common Grackle. My Grackle sighting is overdue!... maybe today?

3 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I have so many pictures of Canada Geese,but will take more at every opportunity.I think they are beautiful.Good luck for many new sightings today.
Blessings,Ruth

Lorac said...

No robins here yet! Happy searching!

Becky said...

I like Canada geese too and no matter how many times I see them, I always have to take pictures.
Happy Spring.
B.