Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Finding flufffy white catkins for Outdoor Wednesday







I found a traditional sign of spring yesterday.. My purpose when going out the door with my camera was to find, Robins, Goldeneye or Pussy Willows. I had spring on my mind. I found Pussy Willows. At first glance I couldn't tell if they were really the fluffy white catkins of the Pussy Willow or justwaterdrops on the branches. A second look through my camera lens confirmed my hopes! This was a special find! This was a special harbinger of spring that I was looking for. Others year's finds,of my first sightings have been stored away in my photo archives as shown in the two photos below. I could not get up close close to yesterday's find or I would have ended up in the ditch hip deep in snow and I didn't want that to happen..
Outdoor Wednesday is a delightful meme where you can enjoy almost any aspect of outdoors. This meme offers a wide choice of topic. To view contributions of others or to post your own contribution, please click on the Outdoor Wednesday pic on the right sidebar on this page and enjoy. A Happy Wednesday wish to all.

7 comments:

bobbie said...

So lovely. You know Spring is on the way when you see these.

Tracy F. said...

A hopeful sign that Spring can't be far away.

LV said...

Glad you are able to find some signs of spring. We have not had that yet, but keep looking each day. It has to get warmer first.

Light and Voices said...

Spring is in the air at your blog. Nice job!
Joyce M

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, there is something about pussy willows I just love!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Excellent fore runner to spring.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Wonderful! I thought it was still snowy up there. Glad to know you are seeing signs of spring! Pussywillows are so pretty and soft looking.