Thursday, November 26, 2009

Red-breasted Nuthatch



Another very welcome bird visitor in Bird Alley this morning was, a red-breasted Nuthatch. Its softlycoloured rufus, reddish belly easily makes its naming understandable. its cousin a white-breasted Nuthatch is a daily visitor.

shown above a White-breasted Nuthatch
The peanut feeder being the main attraction for both of these nuthatch species, Its always a special event when I see either of these species outside my window. its cause for me to put down my book and pick up my camera , which is always nearby.

10 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

You captured that one just beautifully.I think these little guys are so cute.
Blessings,Ruth

Helen said...

Both of them are very good. Some beautiful shots. That is a very pretty bird. Helen

Becky said...

I love this little bird. I have one that visits every now and then. What great pictures you have taken Ann!
B.

eileeninmd said...

The Red Breasted Nuthatch is one of my favorites. You have great photos of both the Nuthatches.

ellen said...

I joined the camera critters. Hope you can find time to visit my very first entry to this meme. Thank you and God bless. Indeed a blessing to see you around.

http://mariellewhatmattersmost.blogspot.com
http://www.ellenheartbeats.com
http://www.ellentinytreasures.com

Deborah Godin said...

I don't get visited by either of these guys as often as I'd like! Great photos, love their gymnastic abilities.

Anonymous said...

These are sweetest little birds, with their soft peeps. I just love them.

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Wonderful photos of these lovely little bird. I like the photograph in your header too ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Love that first upside down shot! How cute! They are such adorable little birds. I haven't seen any for awhile , but I have a White-breasted that is pretty regular.

Cynthia said...

This white-breasted is adorable.
Kudos to you for the peanut
feeder, the bird looks happy.