Monday, May 11, 2009

Goldthread for Mellow Yellow Monday


The intriguing fascination for me with this wildflower is its name: Goldthread! As can be seen in the photo above, its roots are golden yellow! I think I had id'ed this flower first by its blossom , then reading that its roots were golden I set out to verify that. These photos were taken on May the 21st, 2008, and this week I will go in search of it again. It was found along an old woods road. I had tried to transplant it last year but it didn't take.
To view a wonderful variety of yellow-themed photos from other bloggers around the world, just click on the link below. MellowYellowBadge

10 comments:

Helen said...

That is a pretty plant. Helen

Sharon said...

What a delicate & beautiful flower & yes, it does have golden threads! Happy Mellow Yellow Monday:)

Ruth said...

I have never heard of this flower and will have to check it out. Happy searching!

bobbie said...

A lovely flower. I don't think I have ever seen this one either.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of it before either..I love learning something new...Michelle

Deborah Godin said...

Very beautiful - it has a wildflower's never-been-broken-to-the-garden look that's particularly appealing.

DeniseinVA said...

Fascinating Anne, I enjoyed learning about this beautiful wildflower.

Unknown said...

Very pretty wildflower...

Lovely photos !!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Looks like a pretty flower.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

How neat! Hope you find them this year, too.